COVID-19 Safety Plan
At Veritas Executive Health, We Place The Utmost Importance On Maintaining COVID-19 Safe Practices To Ensure The Health And Safety Of Our Clients And Staff, Implemented According To Recommendations Made By The NSW Department Of Health.
Well-Being of Clients and Staff
- We understand that NSW Health Guidelines enable close contacts to no longer isolate, as long as they have no symptoms, perform a daily Rapid Antigen Test and comply with NSW Health guidelines. However, as a medical practice, Veritas Executive Health ask that if you have a fever or symptoms of respiratory infection (cough, sore throat, shortness of breath) or have been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the last 7 days, that you do not come in for your appointment.
- We are in regular communication with our staff, reminding everyone that they should not attend work if unwell with respiratory symptoms or fever. We undertake rapid antigen testing of all staff with symptoms in line with advice from NSW Health.
- Staff are provided with information and training on COVID-19, including when to get tested, physical distancing and cleaning.
- Staff are made aware of their leave entitlements if they are sick or required to self-isolate.
- Physical distancing of 1.5 metres is maintained to a practical extent.
- The MLC Centre lift service safely takes 5 people per lift, provided people stand apart. Signs are displayed near the lifts to advise and recommend physical distancing.
Hygiene and Cleaning
Measures for clients and staff
- Alcohol-based hand sanitiser is provided upon arrival and available throughout the appointment.
- Surgical masks are worn by staff and can be provided to clients if needed.
Measures between clients
Between each client the following hygiene and cleaning measures occurs:
- All surfaces are cleaned with hospital-grade Viraclean disinfectant.
- Surfaces including the DEXA scanner and examination couch have a protective layer of single use towelling replaced with every use and in addition are also cleaned with Viraclean.
- A 5-step sterilisation process is completed for all lung function and V0 2 Max testing equipment.
- All other reusable equipment is cleaned with hospital-grade disinfectant.
- All hospital gowns are dry-cleaned.
- Otherwise, all equipment in contact with clients is single use only, including but not limited to electrodes for the ECG stress test and spirometry mouth pieces.
- As a medical practice, Veritas Executive Health records client details including their name, mobile number, email address, appointment time and date which are securely stored for 7 years. Similarly, staff records are kept on file and timesheets confirm their shifts.
- Veritas Executive Health will cooperate with NSW Health if contacted in relation to a positive case of COVID-19.